Share your news
Do you have news to share?
Get involved in H0014
Posted on Saturday, September 28th, 2013
Much of our programme of activities being delivered by specialists, the site team and external instructors. Therefore, we are mostly looking to recruit people to manage and undertake some of the roles that make the ‘behind the scenes’ run smoothly and make it a real ‘Jamboree’ atmosphere. I am looking after these functions, and am looking to recruit small teams in the following areas. I have already had some interest expressed in certain roles, but I wanted to make everyone aware of these opportunities. I also particularly wanted to contact District Commissioners, as you, your District Team and your Active Support Units may not be attending with a Section, but will have many of the skills we are looking for.
Support team functions:
– Car parking and traffic management
– Site support including toilets and showers, working alongside the campsite team
– Technical support for our stage, ceremonies and activities (power, light, sound, etc.)
– Staff catering
– Central services for leaders (enquiry point, phone charging, food shopping, etc)
– Gift shop and central services for all (including heritage displays, Scout shop, etc)
– Incident management (including first aid, risk assessment, safety advice)
– Communications (possibly camp newspaper, radio, photography)
We do not need huge teams – each Group should be reasonably self-sufficient and Buddens campsite is experienced at supporting large events. Many of the above roles do not require much input prior to the event, but I will be appointing a team leader for each area who can develop a plan for what preparation is required beforehand. (We already have some in place)
Can I ask you to please consider if you wish to play a part in the delivery of this event, and please forward this to people within your team who might have the time and skills to assist us but won’t be attending with their own Section. It might be, for example, that a District Team or an Active Support Unit wish to come as a small group and take responsibility for a particular function.
I am hoping to have the key roles completed before the end of the year, so your help would be much appreciated. I will attending our County Conference where we can have a face-to-face discussion if that helps.
I can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07786 007711.